do you pronounce this band name as BFFVVVVVHHHH
I WENT TO A FLYING LOTUS CONCERT AND IT WAS AWESOME BECAUSE:
- i went on friday, which was october 17th aka 10/17 aka 1017 day. i thought that flylo would incorporate some gucci mane or waka in his mix, but he didn’t. spoiler alert!
- i arrived an hour late, which i though was detrimental, but the opening act (thundercat) didn’t take the stage for another half an hour. the show ran way past my bed time.
- there was a shirt and hat for sale at the merch table. i oped for the hat (pictured above) because i always buy shirts at gigs and you gotta switch it up every once and again nah meen. (there were also tie-dye shirts available for sale that i did not feel comfortable enough to wear in public)
- thundercat had a great set. i listened to his first album only once a couple years ago and was not very impressed, but his set made me want to revisit his material. maybe i was too quick to judge him.
- thundercat’s keyboardist was wearing air yeezys. i am 90% sure of this. no word on if they were knock offs.
- thundercat was dressed head to toe in wolf pellets. he introduced himself as charlize theron.
- at first, flylo performed a bunch of unheard material in his set. each song lasted under a minute. i wont be surprised if some of it would be included in the new gta5 rerelease.
- he did play some new kendrick material, but i forget what it sounded like. oh well.
- he also performed a bunch of captain murphy songs. he was very interactive with the crowd whenever he rapped/came in front of the mesh projector screen for whatever reason, which i thought was very cool.
- the venue, which i have been to multiple times, had an obscene amount of people inside. i have never seen the place so packed. it was kinda unnerving.
- the “3d” on-screen projections were really great. i’m glad i didn’t smoke beforehand or else i probably would have freaked out.
- flylo was dressed in a suit and skinny tie sans jacket. he was smiling the entire time, cute as a button as always.
- i danced. i danced a whole bunch. i danced like i have never danced before. i danced until i felt that i could not physically dance any more. “dancing fever” is a real threat to society. i kind of equate it to being inebriated. once you think its over, it comes back again twofold. i didn’t care who saw me. i may be the next youtube laughing stock if someone recorded me.
- because there was no space to dance, i had to move around the venue a whole bunch. i eventually settled upon the upstairs balcony sitting section. there were a couple of like-minded dancing individuals along with me.
- flylo would always say some random shit in the middle of his dj set. at one point he said “i wonder where the whiskey fairy is?” five minutes later, thundercat danced onstage to deliver a bottle of jameson. flylos response was “you would be the whiskey fairy.” he drank from the bottle the whole night.
- i was bummed when flylo’s set was over. usually i can tell when a set is going to finish, but the lights came up before i knew it.
Flying Lotus playing “Theme” live. I danced too much at the show.
went on /mu/ for the first time in forever
never change guys